Monday, March 10, 2008

Reason #7 to attend the MySQL UC 2008

MySQL Conference & Expo 2008
Disclaimer: Forget about my affiliation, this is my personal list of things that I am going to enjoy at the UC.

#7 MySQL Proxy : the complete tutorial


I shall start with a shameless plug, of course. I am going to enjoy this tutorial for several reasons.

For starters, it's the first tutorial I get to host at the Users Conference, and this is understandably satisfactory in itself.
Then, because it is going to give me the technical room that I was longing for. I have been writing and speaking about MySQL Proxy for 10 months, and on every occasion I felt that I had time or space limitations. There was not enough time to explain all that we can do with Proxy, or not enough time to write a longer article.
Now we can remedy. I and Jan Kneschke will have 6 full hours to explain Proxy beauty and intricacies, ranging from simple wizardry to replication goodies.
We will cover the basics of Lua language, with some internals, so that the attendees will leave the tutorial with the basic know-how to use the Proxy effectively.
There are still available seats. Hurry up and register!

No comments: