Monday, June 02, 2008

Firefox 3 is coming


Firefox has been my steady web companion since version 1.0 (and Mozilla before that). For some time now I wanted to try Firefox 3. I was reluctant to abandon Firefox 2, because of the unavailability of most add-ons. I was especially missing the Google Bar, which I have been using on a regular basis.
However, a few days ago I found a replacement. GoogleBar Lite is almost like the original, minus some feature that I wasn't using anyway.
So I have been using Firefox 3 for a while, and I noticed better performance, and no trouble. The additional features are cool, like the Most Visited pull down menu or the location bar integrated with history and search.
Firefox enthusiasts want to set a download world record. I don't think it's necessary, but certainly will be pleasant to achieve it. I pledged.

No comments: