Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Speaking at Sun Tech Day in Naples


MySQL acquisition by Sun is having immediate effects on my work. While so far I have been concentrating on international community, neglecting my home country, mostly because of lack of an office in Italy, I will now have more chances to attend to the community near me.
My first occasion to work under Sun's flag will be at the Sun Tech day in Naples.
The Tech days are events where some experienced Sun technologists show how things work to an interested and skilled audience (an university is a very good place for this). The attendees have a chance to see the action and to have the experts at their disposal to ask questions and discuss the trends.
This event was already scheduled when the acquisition was announced. So this time I will sneak in with a short participation. There will be more such events, where MySQL will have a more prominent role. Stay tuned.

No comments: