The second week of April will be quite a busy one
Tuesday, April 10
April 10th is Tutorial day at the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo.
On that day, I will present a classic: MySQL Replication 101. This is a topic traditionally presented by a MySQL engineer. However, since Oracle seems not to be eager to send anyone to the conference, I volunteered to the task, and I have let everyone know that, if Oracle change its mind and sends some engineers at the conference, I will happily have one of my former colleagues from the replication team as co-speaker.
Wednesday, April 11
The conference will be in full swing when the regular sessions (and the keynotes!) start. From my side, it is noteworthy the talk about Continuent crown jewels, which I have mentioned recently.
- Edward Archibald : Building a multi-master, multi-region database infrastructure in Amazon EC2
- Robert Hodges: Be a Data Management Hero with Good Backups!
- Jeff Mace : Build simple and complex replication clusters with Tungsten Replicator
- Giuseppe Maxia: What's new in MySQL 5.5 and 5.6 Replication (another talk where an Oracle engineer co-speaker is welcome!)
Unfortunately, at the same time, there will be a talk that I will miss, but I would love to see:
- Tim Callaghan: Creating a benchmark infrastructure that just works
Thursday, April 12
We will start with two interesting keynotes:
- Marco Tusa: Oracle to MySQL migration
- Giuseppe Maxia: Testing MySQL creatively in a sandbox
- Robert Hodges and Stephane Giron: Testing MySQL creatively in a sandbox Boost Your Replication Throughput with Parallel Apply, Prefetch, and Batching