|Three unrelated facts reminded me of a popular article about MySQL replication that I wrote long time ago.|
- A reader of that article told me that he used information I wrote to set up a circular replication in production, and it is still working!
- A new page on circular replication in MySQL manual was just published.
- During yesterday's meetup in New York, an attendee asked advice about broken replication in a circular scheme, and I suggested reading all the caveats that I listed in my article.
I recall reading in High Performance MySQL 2nd edition that circular replication is not recommended, and I agree on the reasons. I wrote that article as it was the result of my research, but I don't recommend circular replication either.
All of the above lead to the questions:
- Who is using circular replication in production?
- Who prefers circular replication to more robust methods, and why?