Thursday, February 13, 2014

On the road again - FOSSAsia

On the road again - FOSSAsia

It has been a few busy months until now. I have moved from Italy to Thailand, and the move has been my first priority, keeping me from attending FOSDEM and interacting with social media. Now I start catching my breath, and looking around for new events to attend. But before I get into this, let’s make a few things clear:

  • I am still working for Continuent. Actually, it’s because of my company flexibility that I could move to a different country (a different continent, 6 time zones away) without much trouble. Thanks, Continuent! (BTW: Continuent is hiring! )
  • I am still involved with MySQL activities, events, and community matters. I just happen to be in a different time zone, where direct talk with people in Europe and US need to happen on a different schedule.

I am already committed to attend Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, where I will present a tutorial on MySQL replication features and a regular session on multi-master topologies with Tungsten.

But in the meantime, Colin encouraged me to submit talk proposals at FOSSAsia, and both my submissions were accepted. So, at the end of February I will be talking about some of my favorite topics:

  • Easy MySQL multi master replication with Tungsten
  • Data in the cloud: mastering the ephemeral

The exact schedule will be announced shortly. I am eager to attend an open source event in Asia. It’s been a long time since I went to a similar event in Malaysia, which was much pleasant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great! We were thinking of going to Thailand this summer. It's great to know there someone we can crash on. Presumably you'll be away for some conference, so -- an empty house!

Good luck with this new chapter in life!