San Francisco, April 7thI will start the tour at the San Francisco MySQL User Group. On April 7, at 6pm I will talk about Advanced MySQL replication for the masses. This talk will explore topics such as bi-directional replication, multiple sources, parallel replication, seamless failover, with the help of Tungsten replicator.
Santa Clara, April 11, 12The MySQL conference starts on Monday, April 11th, with several three-hour tutorials.
- April 11, 9:00amMySQL Replication Advanced Techniques. This will cover MySQL replication beyond the basics. Everything you can do with replication, including, tips, tricks, and gotchas, plus some really advanced things that you can achieve with third party tools.
- On tutorial day, at 7pm, there will be the 2011 MySQL community dinner (west), organized by Sarah Novotny and probably attended by the best MySQLers in town. If you want to get the latest gossip and socialize with the top MySQL geeks, this is the place to be.
- April 12, 11:55am The Art of Sandboxing - Reducing Complex Systems to Manageable Boxes. After the State of the Dolphin, here's a chance of learning a few practical tips on how to build respectful systems.
Robert Hodges and Edward Archibald will also be presenting at the MySQL Conference.
- April 11, 1:30pm Learn how to cure MySQL replication deprivation with Tungsten!
- April 13, 2pmPreparing for the Big Oops: How to Build Disaster Recovery Sites for MySQL
- TBD Build your own PaaS for MySQL with Tungsten Enterprise
On Tuesday evening I will fly to Orlando, to attend (part of) Collaborate11.
Orlando, April 13
- April 13, 1pm Dealing with large data with MySQL partitioning and replication. This talk will explain how to combine replication and partitioning to achieve performance, without any external tool.
- April 13, 4pmMySQL Sandbox : a toolkit for productive laziness. One of my favorite subjects. How to use the MySQL Sandbox to achieve quick results with minimal effort